Upgrading to 13.04 from Ubuntu GNOME Remix 12.10

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at gmail.com
Sat May 11 21:43:27 UTC 2013

11.05.2013 22:49, Tobiasz 'dotnokato' Jarczyk kirjoitti:
> Hi,
> I've taken this path (12.10 -> 13.04), although somewhere during
> raring testing.
> Citing Gnome3 PPA page:
> /"Before upgrading your system to a new Ubuntu release (i.e. from
> Ubuntu 12.10 to 13.04), you should probably run ppa-purge
> ppa:gnome3-team/gnome3 first.//"
> /If you want to stay with Gnome 3.6, then after upgrading to 13.04 do
> not use Gnome3 PPA - this way you will have stable Gnome 3 experience
> and also most of the extensions still working. I've got such an
> installation myself (13.04 with Gnome 3.6).
> On the other hand if you want Gnome 3.8, then after upgrading to
> 13.04, turn on Gnome3 PPA. Upgrade using/'sudo apt-get dist-upgrade'/
> as recommended on Gnome3 PPA page.
> There is less extensions ready for 3.8. Other than that it is mostly a
> stable experience, at least for me ;-)

I think I'll try upgrading first, because it seems feasible, and if
problems occur, I'll do a fresh install. I'll run /ppa-purge
ppa:gnome3-team/gnome3/, and then do the installation. I think I'm going
to stay with GNOME 3.6 (because the older version of Nautilus has more
of the functionality that I want). I assume Gnome3 PPA won't be there
unless I put it in. Am I right?

-Ari-