show GNOME notification bar/message tray in 13.04 + 3.8 PPA

Alfredo Hernández aldomann.designs at gmail.com
Thu May 9 13:44:04 UTC 2013

Actually, in Ubuntu GNOME 13.04, the notifications bar behave differently
form 3.8's one. Probably it couldn't be implemented because of dependencies
or something similar. In Fedora, for instance, it's impressively fast and
the kinetic activation works.

About showing the bar on the overview, that should be easily accomplished
by using an extension. As far as I know, there's no such thing in
extensions.gnome.org, but maybe someone could write it.

Regards, Alfredo.