ubuntu GNOME 13.04 better with 3.8 ppa or without?

Moe Blue moejoeblue at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 17:14:32 UTC 2013

Hi There,

good to see now an official GNOME flavour of ubuntu. Thank you for your
great work.

For the upcoming ubuntu GNOME 13.04, will it be better to have the
optional 3.8 ppa activated or not? Wit better I mean will it be more
stable with the ppa than the official 3.6 packages? Will the
maintainers care more about the ubuntu packages or do they assume
everybody activates the 3.8 ppa and therefore focus on having the
packages in 3.8 as good as possible?

Should I add the ppa after full installation of ubuntu GNOME 13.04 or
should I do that before the installation to disk when I run the live CD?

best
Moe