Evolution error with staging PPA?

Josh Liberty josh at vegansite.net
Thu Mar 21 11:16:48 UTC 2013

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
I did not understand the last email -
will Evolution not be available at v3.8? Should I start looking for
another email client? :)
I prefer to not use Thunderbird, since it does
not integrate with Gnome.

On another subject, do you (or anyone) know
of a way to suspend from gnome 3.8? I can see no way to configure gnome
to suspend when laptop lid is closed, or even simply a button to
suspend. I can only do it via the command line.

Josh

On 21.03.2013
12:14, Tim wrote:

> On 21/03/13 21:06, Tim wrote:
>
>> That would be
an API mismatch between evolution 3.6 and evolution data server 3.8.

>> We ship Thunderbird by default now, but I will upload an updated
evolution to the staging ppa shortly.
> Or not actually, but Thunderbird
will work.

>> Tim
>>
>> On 21/03/13 20:46, Josh Liberty wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm running 13.04 with both gnome3-team PPAs
enabled.
>>> Is this error when starting evolution known? (I searched
for it and found an IRC discussion about it from a month back, but not
much more).

>>> evolution: symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib/evolution/3.6/libemiscwidgets.so.0: undefined symbol:
e_cal_client_source_type_enum_get_type

>>> In any case, maybe it's
worth thinking about shipping with Geary as email client?

_ _