Social Media pages

Bastien Traverse bastien.traverse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 23:32:46 UTC 2013

The idea is to keep Ubuntu's circle and GNOME's foot.

About colours, I notice
Kubuntu<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kubuntu-logo-lucid.svg>,
Xubuntu <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Xubuntu_Logo.svg> and
Lubuntu<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lubuntu_logo.svg>all
departed from the original orange to use their DE's one. So using the
black foot/circle sounds pretty sensible.

I quite like the logo used by the Google+ pages, although I find Alexander
Wachert's one more in line with the other official flavours.

However, what is it with the Registered and TM signs? What a bummer! None
of those appear on the other flavours' logo.
https://live.gnome.org/BrandGuidelines states that :

> The trade mark symbol may be removed in a small number of situations (it
> is not included in the GNOME Control Center System Information panel, for
> instance).
> you are unsure about how to use the GNOME logo and branding. More
> information about the use of GNOME trademarks can be found on the GNOME
> Foundation licensing page<http://www.gnome.org/foundation/legal-and-trademarks/>
> .

Would a slightly modified version be sufficient to remove the TM? About
Ubuntu guidelines are here <http://design.ubuntu.com/brand/ubuntu-logo>.

As an official remix, wouldn't it be reasonable to leave the trade marks
alone, again, as the other flavors do?

Cheers