Upgrading to 13.04 from Ubuntu GNOME Remix 12.10

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 15:52:29 UTC 2013

After many delays I upgraded to Ubuntu Gnome 13.04 (instead of fresh
installation), and everything went well. I did the purge, although the
installation process apparently would have taken care of it anyway. When
using the upgraded file manager ('Files'), I noticed that F3 doesn't
give you the split window view anymore. I thought that the shortcut key
must have changed, and looked for the new one. After some searching and
googling I found out to my amazement that the whole feature was removed
(among other features) – I can't understand why. At this stage I
remembered Dominik's suggestion to use the Solus OS fork of Nautilus,
and that brought back the split view and other missing functionality.

Thanks for help everyone!

-Ari-