[Ubuntugnome-artwork] [Artwork] Plans for Ubuntu GNOME 14.04

Fran Dieguez fran.dieguez at mabishu.com
Mon Dec 2 12:10:19 UTC 2013

On lun 02 dic 2013 11:03:29 CET, Alfredo Hernández wrote:
> No way about changing the logo. We are already following Ubuntu's
> guidelines. We have a long name and we have to deal with it (I wish we
> were called Gubuntu, but the reality is another one).
>
> Ubuntu Sans only supports Latin, Cyrillic and Greek characters, whilst
> Droid Sans supports Armenian, Arabic (not completely sure about this),
> Ethiopic, Georgian, Hebrew, Japanese, Thai as well as Latin, Cyrillic
> and Greek (and probably more that I'm missing).
>
> I we talk about beautiful typefaces, I would suggest Roboto, but
> again, I repeat, *Droid Sans is probably one of the most complete
> fonts out there*. We could stay with Cantarell, of course, but I
> believe offering a consistent desktop experience for all languages
> should be an important aim. Remember that you can always change it to
> the font of your preference (I myself will probably change it to
> Roboto), but the defaults are very important.

Then,

 - why Ubuntu is using Ubuntu font if it has less language support?
 - Does Ubuntu font and Cantarell has the same language support? In
this case I would stick with Cantarell as our aim is to bring the GNOME
stock experience to Ubuntu.

As you said before "Remember that you can always change it to the font
of your preference".

Regards