[Testing]-Ubuntu GNOME Daily Build (Saucy-i386-28-08-2013)

Fernando Panizza fernan.domp at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 31 00:22:08 UTC 2013

El 29/08/13 07:49, Ali Linx (amjjawad) escribió:
> On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 9:01 PM, Fernando Panizza
> <fernan.domp at hotmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello all:
>>

> Hello Fernando,
>

>         While running "Install (auto-resize)" test, performed on Oracle
>> VirtualBox (about 5 times) there have appeard the following issues:
>>
>>         1- A black bar appears in the top of the screen during booting
>>
>>         2- When installed alongside Windows 7 the "Install Now" button int
>> the
>> Screen Install Ubuntu GNOME XX.XX alongsite SYSTEM YY is not allowed
>>         3- When installed alongside Ubuntu 11.10 the option "Install FAMILY
>> XX.XX alongside SYSTEM YY" does not appear
>>
>>         How can I get more precise information about this issues to submit
>> result?
>>

> Are you trying to install Ubuntu GNOME Saucy on a Virtual Machine that has
> more than one system installed? or you are creating new machine and
> installing Ubuntu GNOME Solo?
>
> Judging from your email, you are trying to achieve something like a
> Multi-Booting or Dual-Booting systems?
>
> You need to provide more information so that we can understand what exactly
> are you trying to achieve :)
>
> It is good idea to have a look at:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/Testing#Getting_Involved
>
> Thanks!

	Hello:
 		In order to go through the steps 5.(Select Install Ubuntu GNOME XX.XX
alongside SYSTEM YY) to 9.(Click on the Install Now button) of the
"Install (auto-resize)" Test
     I have to test the ISO on a machine that already has an SO
installed so I can get to the "auto-rezise" option, otherwise it would
skip to the "where are you" screen. As you said the idea was to achieve
a dual-booting.

    Then I have tested the ISO in 2 differnts VMs

    In one of them I've previously installed Ubuntu 11.10,
    	In this one did not appear the option "Install Ubuntu GNOME XX.XX
alongside SYSTEM YY".

    The other has Windows 7 Ultimate installed,
    	In this one the "Install Now" button is not avaliable in the
auto-rezise srcreen

 I was looking for information in how to identify this issues in order
to send precise details about it on my report. But I think I've already
found it, here:

 http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2013/06/24/%23ubuntu-classroom.html#t21:00

 So I'll see waht I can do

 Thank you!.

 PS: If you have any other references about it, I'll be grateful.