GNOME Initial Setup

Tim Lunn tim at feathertop.org
Fri Aug 30 00:25:56 UTC 2013

Hi Fran,

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 09:06 AM, Fran Dieguez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any chance to get gnome-initial-setup integrated in Ubuntu
> GNOME? Now it could be a little late but maybe for 14.04.
>
> I think that is a great app for newcomers and to quickly setup GNOME for
> the first time. But it's not available in the repositories (main, of
> ppas).

The reason we don't have it, is because Ubiquity does the initial setup
on Ubuntu (during installation). It would be a bit odd if the user has
to complete 2 different initial-setups!

I have however not actually tried out gnome-initial-setup. Are there any
features provided by gnome-initial-setup that arent available in
Ubiquity?

Tim