ubuntu-restricted-extras

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 14:45:23 UTC 2013

Hi,

As you may know, Ubuntu and its official flavors don't have some packages
by default and therefore, the user needs to download and install it once
the system is up and running (after the installation).

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats

Some Flavors have their own restricted-extras:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats#Manual_Install

Apparently, Ubuntu GNOME has no one yet.

My Question is: back in the days of Lubuntu 10.04 which was without a
restricted-extras for its own, we used to download and install
ubuntu-restricted-extras.
Is the same concept applies as of today to Ubuntu GNOME 13.04?

I guess the answer is YES but I'd like to discuss this here and:

Question 2:
How hard is it to have our own restricted-extras?

Thank you!

--
*Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
*Best Regards,