Help with Ubiquity Slideshow (was: [Artwork] Ubiquity Slideshow discussion)

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 11:33:51 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Alfredo Hernández <
aldomann.designs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ali,

Hello Alfredo,

> As you offered your help on the process of updating our *
> ubiquity-slideshow*, here I have some requests, and some stuff I want to
> discuss on.

Indeed I did and my offer still valid :D

First, what do you think about these slides:

>    1. Welcome screen (as seen on Ubuntu).
>    2. Desktop features (an overview of GNOME Shell) [not sure if
>    necessary, but I really like the way Xubutu show their desktop elements and
>    I thought we could somehow do the same].
>    3. Web browsing (as seen on Ubuntu).
>    4. Online accounts (I think this is a must-have).
>    5. Office applications (showing LibreOffice and [GNOME] Documents).
>    6. Media (music and videos).
>    7. Photos (as seen on Ubuntu).
>    8. More apps (showing the Ubuntu Software Centre [correct me if I'm
>    wrong, but it's installed by default, isn't it?]).
>    9. Accessibility (not sure about this one, but I think the work done
>    by the GNOME Desktop team is really impressive in this aspect and lots of
>    users will thank it [also, it's not a feature that's discoverable by first
>    sight, so it'd be nice to show it in here].
>    10. Get help. Links to askubutu, the IRC channel, the wiki and similar
>    stuff.
>
> I will take a deeper look and get back to you hopefully soon :)
How much time do I have?

> In order to get these slides I looked into the features the other desktops
> promote the most on their slides and also what features are shown on their
> respective websites.

At the point, I too agree that we need to take a look at other cousins and
see how their Slide show looks like :D

> I think the slides are quite illustrative of what the user shall expect
> from their desktop experience.

+1
Agreed!

> Now, in another matter, I need some info about the defaults... What is the
> title bar button distribution? I'm not sure if *:close* or *
> :maximize,minimize,close*.

I am sorry, I did not understand this?

> PS. I will probably need your help on writing the descriptions of each
> slide. As soon as I have everything structured I will give you a touch.
>
> Regards, Alfredo.

As always, I'm at your service :) let me know whatever you need and I'm all
yours!

Thank you so much!
Keep the great work up :)

--
*Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
*Best Regards,