[Announcement] Wiki and Documentation Lead

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 12:13:38 UTC 2013

Dear Ubuntu GNOME Members and Users,

Ubuntu GNOME now has a new Wiki Area [1] and a very useful OneStopPage [2]
which has each and everything related to Ubuntu GNOME. Needless to say,
this area is fresh new and will grow bigger by time.

I'd like to step in and take good care of this new area until someone else
can step in and show a great interest to maintain such area.

For any successful Software Project, there must be a good and solid Wiki
and Documentation Area [3]. And be sure, it is not an easy task but if you
ask me, it is fun, specially when you realize that you are helping and
drawing lots of smiles on users' face, those who seek help. Arch [4] and
Fedora [5] both have one of the most powerful Wiki and Documentation Areas
in Linux World.

The great news is, Rome wasn't built in ONE day :)
For those projects to have such solid and powerful Wiki and Documentation
Area, be sure they have put lots of blood, sweat and tears. Such area are
built with collaboration of each and every member of that project.

Is it possible for Ubuntu GNOME to have a solid and powerful area like
Fedora and Arch Linux?
YES, ONLY if we want that :) there is nothing impossible ;)

*"All of us are smarter than anyone of us".*

I'm sure, by time, we may even have Sub-Teams within Ubuntu GNOME, each
team operates on its own with a Team Leader and Members and all these
sub-teams serve for the greater good of Ubuntu GNOME.

I am gladly providing my full help and support for Ubuntu GNOME.
Help me to achieve our goal and guess what? we have already made the first
step and ... "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step".
Impossible does not exist ;)

Thank you!

[1] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOMEOneStopPage#Ubuntu_GNOME_Wiki_Map

[2] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOMEOneStopPage

[3] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_documentation

[4] - https://wiki.archlinux.org/

[5] - http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/index.html

<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOMEOneStopPage>--
*Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
*Best Regards,
amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad> - StartUbuntu
Project<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam/WOWLubuntu/StartUbuntu>
 - Linux Brainstorming <https://www.facebook.com/groups/352004991569676/> -