Ubuntu GNOME logo design

Joseph Braddock jmbraddock at embarqmail.com
Mon Apr 15 05:44:19 UTC 2013

I am not sure that the GNOME foot in a colored circle is enough to make
people think Ubuntu-Gnome. The GNOME guidelines allow an image to be
placed in the white space of the foot for a related project. On the
guidelines page is an example of the GNOME Java project with the Java
coffee cup in the white space of the foot.  Since this is the
Ubuntu-Gnome "project" why not use the Ubuntu symbol in the white space
(where they show the coffee cup)?  The image can be found towards the
bottom of https://live.gnome.org/BrandGuidelines.

Of course, I would suggest blue or any other color than Ubuntu-Orange
for the Ubuntu portion of the logo, but that is just my preference.

Joe Braddock