Ubuntu GNOME logo design

Alfredo Hernández aldomann.designs at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 18:28:02 UTC 2013

Hi there,

I've studied the branding guidelines of Ubuntu and GNOME. Having in mind to
fuse Ubuntu and GNOME in a single brand, this is what I think our logo
should look like.

[image: Inline images 2]
Things you should know about it:

   - The size of the foot is the same used on the Ubuntu family logos
   (i.e., Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, etc.) The foot should not be bigger or
   smaller.

   - The combination of *ubuntu* and *GNOME* using the typeface used in the
   original GNOME logo looks very bad, *it's completely unbalanced*.

   - *The second option* uses *Cantarell *for *GNOME*, which gives the logo
   more harmony and *feels better overall*.* *For those who don't know it,
   Cantarell is the typeface introduced in GNOME 3 designed by Jakub Steiner.

*
*
Having said that, *which colour do you, guys, think we should use? And
which iteration of typeface combination should we use?*
*
*
Regards, Alfredo.