Suspend on lid close

Julien Olivier julo42 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 09:57:50 UTC 2013

Hi list,

A few days ago I sent an email about the fact that Ubuntu GNOME doesn't
suspend when I close my laptop's lid, and the fact that this is due to
the lack of systemd. I also submitted a bug report about that:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-gnome/+bug/1160995

To me, that seems like a very serious issue, and a potential release
blocker (that may damage a laptop), but it seems that very few people
seem disturbed by that.

So I was just wondering whether this bug simply is a problem I (and a
couple other people) am having because something's wrong with my setup,
or if this bug happens to all of you, but you just don't care :)

Thanks.