xorg.conf et beezy

Globule glooobule at gmail.com
Lun 30 Mai 15:55:53 UTC 2005

Pour info, c'est cassé,c'est normal :) ceci est tiré de la liste
"ubuntu-devel" :

Breezy pretty much totally broken for desktop users :)   Boîte de
réception Ubuntu Devel

 Philip Van Hoof  <spamfrommailing at freax.org> à ubuntu-devel
  Autres options   23 mai (il y a 7 jours)

Hi there,

The x-window-system (and related packages) are highly broken in breezy
at this moment.

I recommend to everybody who likes a system that runs NOT to upgrade
today :)

If you did: downgrading your fonts packages, adding the old-style
fontpaths to your xorg.conf (and reverting it to the backup of the
package), creating a /usr/bin/X11 and ln -s /etc/X11/X /usr/bin/X11/ and
making sure the /etc/X11/X symlink goes to the correct binary fixed it
for me.

Sure sure nobody told me that breezy was going to be stable. I didn't
expected that, so no I'm not angry. Just telling other people that
today, they shouldn't upgrade their breezy :-) unless they have an X11
implementation somewhere in /opt :-).

--
Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos
home: me at pvanhoof dot be