Fwd: Rosetta Blueprint: Unifying Translations

Bruno Patri bruno.patri at gmail.com
Mar 29 Mai 17:23:59 UTC 2007

Bonjour à tous,

Je retransmet ci-dessous une idée intéressante de Martin Albisetti publiée sur
la liste ubuntu-translators.
Cette solution serait sans doute bien plus efficacce que le travail ébauché
ici : http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/groupetraducteur/aide_a_la_traduction
(d'ailleurs si quelqu'un veut y mettre de l'ordre, sa contribution sera
bienvenue ;))

----------  Forwarded Message/Message retransmis  ----------

Subject/Sujet: Rosetta Blueprint: Unifying Translations
Date: mardi 29 mai 2007
From/De: "Martin Albisetti" <beuno at ubuntu.com>
To: ubuntu-translators at lists.ubuntu.com, launchpad-users at lists.canonical.com

Hello fellow translators!

I've been having many talks lately on how to unify translations across
packages for the same language, and I think, I've actually come up
with an idea that just might work.
Due to Rosetta's decentralized nature, it's pretty common for the same
word to be translated differently across different packages (or
sometimes within the same package), and some teams have come up with a
list of common translations they agree on, and maintain them all over
the place (wikis, mailing lists, etc).

I've drafted up a blueprint I think might take a step closer to
providing more unified translations across packages, and I wanted to
get some discussion going to find out if this would work for everyone.

The link is: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/rosetta-unifying-translations

Feel free to edit/add to it, although I'd appreciate some discussion
before removing any parts of it.

Looking forward to your comments.

Martin

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: