[Ubuntu For All] [UbuntuWomen] Diversity Page On uds.ubuntu.com

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 31 21:04:16 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Jono Bacon <jono at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I wanted to ask the team for some help.
> I would like to add a page on uds.ubuntu.com/diversity that provides
> details about how UDS is a safe, welcoming and productive environment,
> and one that puts diversity at the center of how it operates. I think a
> page that outlines this, and provides some warm images of this
> environment, this will be a great tool in making UDS more attractive.
> Would you folks be happy to work together on some content for this page
> - I am sure you can produce something better than I could. :-)
> One thing I would like to ask is that the page takes into account all
> types of diversity: gender, race, disability etc. I think a clear
> statement about how UDS welcomes and optimizes it's environment for
> diversity would be a powerful message. :-)
> Is this something you could help me with?

I'd be happy to help, we should also reach out to
ubuntu-accessibility, -lgbt and -youth (I'm Cc:ing the
ubuntu-for-all at lists.ubuntu.com list).

Is the diversity statement you mentioned a couple weeks ago available
so we don't re-write what is already in it? I don't know if anyone on
the team has seen it, even privately (I haven't).

Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2