[Ubuntu For All] Ubuntu For All meeting

Alan Bell alanbell at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 25 23:43:26 UTC 2011

We held the first meeting of the team today, full logs available at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuForAll/Meeting/20110225
there were not that many people participating in the meeting, which is
fine, but if you want to react or add to any points raised in the
minutes please do respond on the mailing list or in the #ubuntu-for-all
IRC channel

Purpose of the team
   To help and support the Ubuntu projects that address issues of
diversity, equality and outreach by assisting with continuity,
administration and providing other resources as required.

Scope
   We agreed that the list of projects identified at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuForAll/ProjectList represented a good
initial list of projects

Activities we can do
   Monitor meeting schedules for teams that have regular meetings,
provide assistance if the schedule is not being followed
   Check and assist with monthly team reports
   Raise the profiles of the teams as appropriate
   Help start new teams in the area (such as the Younglings idea for a
controlled, safe IRC space for children of community members to talk to
each other)
   Provide other regular support services, such as updating the Ubuntu
Women membership statistics

Resources for the team Wiki/IRC/Mailing list
   IRC channel #ubuntu-for-all
   Mailing list https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-for-all
   Wiki https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuForAll
   Launchpad team at https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-for-all

   These were agreed as sufficient and necessary.

I don't think we need to set up a regular meeting schedule as such for
this team, but I might set up some kind of monthly checksheet of tasks.

Alan.