[Ubuntu For All] [UbuntuWomen] Diversity Page On uds.ubuntu.com

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 1 02:13:14 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 1:04 PM, Elizabeth Krumbach <lyz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Is the diversity statement you mentioned a couple weeks ago available
> so we don't re-write what is already in it?

So it turns out I wasn't completely losing my mind here and I was able
to pull the pieces together this afternoon. There *is* a diversity
statement being worked on but it's by Matt Zimmerman and some other
volunteers.

As posted in Jono's blog today[0]:

"Matt Zimmerman is also working on a diversity statement. While this
will encompass the wider Ubuntu project, it will also be added to the
UDS website."

This is statement has been written and is being reviewed by the
Community Council. So the plan is now to use that project-wide
statement and then add extra UDS-specific text if needed (probably
won't be).

It's nice when work does itself! ;)

[0] http://www.jonobacon.org/2011/02/01/improving-diversity-at-uds/

--