Packaging Jams

Charles N Wyble charles at thewybles.com
Thu Dec 6 18:44:15 GMT 2007

Jono Bacon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> One thing we are looking to encourage are Packaging Jams - events that
> LoCo teams run that teach a group of people how to get started with MOTU
> and Ubuntu Packaging.

Excellent idea. Great way to get more stuff in the repos, and maybe
update some stale packages etc. A great way to do a semi programming
type contribution.

> I have written up a short guide of how to do this (based on some
> guidance from the Michigan LoCo who ran an event) - you can read about
> how to organise an event at
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/RunningPackagingJam

Thanks for putting that together. I actually want to package up a few
apps and this is a perfect excuse to do that and have a community event! :)

> If you do organise one, be sure to add the date of your event on
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Events :)

Will do.

--
Charles N Wyble charles at thewybles.com (818) 280 7059
Website: http://www.thewybles.com/~charles

President and CEO of Known Element Enterprises and affiliated companies.
Website: http://www.knownelement.com
Blog: http://siliconvs.blogspot.com