hello

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Fri Aug 31 17:41:38 BST 2007

Hi,

On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 09:15 -0700, Christer Edwards wrote:
> Utah Team just started planning our 7.10 release party.  Hopefully we can funnel some of that to US
> Teams as well.

What have you got planned so far?

> Any ideas from the other parts of the world we should look into?  Usually we just do a hang-out
> meet-n-greet with lots of CDs and food.

Is that on release night, or just an average night out in Utah? :)

I don't know of any release parties in the UK, but I'd love to see one
happen. Personally I'd like to see us get together with some other large
group that already have a meeting, and use that as a means to raise
awareness with our peers.

For example there are "Meetups" of a geek nature in London, where there
are often talks held, followed by beer and chat.

Minicamp for example meetup regularly, and I believe that back in April
SABDFL spoke at one of their meets.

http://internetpro.meetup.com/10/

In the name of inclusiveness do we also need to take into account people
who don't/can't drink (under 18s [in the UK] for example)? Maybe have an
event at a venue which isn't centred around beer.

Cheers,
Al.