Spanish Ubucon - your help needed!

Jono Bacon jono en ubuntu.com
Mar Feb 20 12:45:08 GMT 2007

Hi all,

(Sorry the post in English - my Spanish is terrible. If someone could
translate this email, that would be excellent!)

I am Jono Bacon, the Ubuntu Community Manager, and I am working on an
event in Sevilla, Spain called the Ubucon. This will be a
community-focused event filled with talks, BOF sessions and more. The
event happens on Sat 5th May 2007 in Sevilla, Spain. This event will be
in between the Ubuntu Education Summit (3rd/4th May 2007) and the Ubuntu
Developer Summit (6th - 11th May 2007).

To make this event really rock I need YOUR help! :) I am keen to get
lots of people speaking at the event, and I am interested in having the
following speaking tracks:

 * Main track - talks about general Ubuntu topics such as development,
packaging, loco teams, forums, governance, case studies etc.
 * Spanish track - talks given in Spanish about Spanish language and
Spain related subjects.
 * BOF sessions - a range of informal discussion sessions about anything
in the Ubuntu landscape.

So, I need your help to build this event. If you would like to speak at
the event, send an email to jono AT ubuntu DOT com with the subject
'Spanish Ubucon Talk: <name of your talk>' and include the following in
the email:

 * Your name
 * The name of the talk
 * Details of the talk
 * Your bio

All talks will be 50 minutes long, included questions.

I am also interested in having some demos. These will be quick 10 minute
long demos of interesting technology - here you could demo
beryl/compiz/gstreamer/multimedia/desktop etc.

So, get your talk submissions in!

	Jono

--
Jono Bacon