Sobre Ekiga

Juan Pablo Herrera jpherrera en gmail.com
Sab Abr 1 06:00:11 BST 2006

Hola a todos, puede resultar interesante esta noticia sobre Ekiga, ya
que estará incluída en Dapper Drake según he leído.
Fuente: http://www.gnomemeeting.org

Ekiga for 100 dollars 2006-04-01, Damien Sandras

Ekiga 2.00 was released 2 weeks ago and the release went fine and was
successful. However, after 5 years of work on the project, I begin
feeling tired of it. Developing an Open Source project means making
people happy, but it also means offering your time for free, and a big
part of the users does not understand that. I am talking about those
who criticized the new name, but were away when I asked for
propositions of names which did not exist yet. I am also talking about
those who are asking for new features, after 1 year of work on SIP,
just like if we were paid to do this.

All those things make sick of Open Source development, so I decided to
stop developing Open Source software and only work for money. Yes, I
have to live, I am now married, and I have a family to feed.

Ekiga 2.2 will have SIP presence features and will be downloadable for
100 dollars. However, those of you who will susbscribe to the mailing
list and show their support to the project will get a free version of
the 2.2 release.