Deshabilitar driver USB, + VMWARE

el fenix fenixlinux en yahoo.com
Mie Mar 30 12:35:24 CST 2005

Quisera ver si me puede apoyar a dehabilitar el driver
de usb que se carga en ubuntu, para poder trabajar con
una palm en vmware, estuve buscando algo de
informacion
y al parecer lo que me piden es deshabilitar el driver
usando hotplug o el rmmode, pero estoy frito con esto

Saludo y gracias

All days ared days of th phoenix

P.D Anexo el pedazo de documentacion que nos llevo a
esta pegunta

Device Control on a Linux Host

On Linux hosts, guest operating systems can use
devices that are not already in use by the host — that
is, devices that are not claimed by a host operating
system driver.

If your device is in use by the host and you try to
connect it to the guest using the VM > Removable
Devices menu, a dialog box appears, informing you that
there is a problem connecting to the device.

To disconnect the device from the host, you must
unload the device driver. You can unload the driver
manually as root (su) using the rmmod command. Or, if
the driver was automatically loaded by hotplug, you
can disable it in the hotplug configuration files in
the /etc/hotplug directory. See your Linux
distribution's documentation for details on editing
these configuration files.

A related issue sometimes affects devices that rely on
automatic connection (as PDAs often do).

If you have successfully used autoconnection to
connect the device to your virtual machine, then
experience problems with the connection to the device,
take the following steps:

   1. Disconnect and reconnect the device. You can
either unplug it physically, then plug it back in or
use the VM > Removable Devices menu to disconnect it
and reconnect it.
   2. If you see a dialog box warning that the device
is in use, disable it in the hotplug configuration