[Ubuntu-eg] Fwd: ubuntu-eg expired from team

Mohammed Gamal m.gamal005 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 10:34:56 UTC 2014

I guess one of the biggest problems is that most LoCo members are
going through a stage where 'life happens' and no one is able to tend
to the group so well.

We have made a good outreach through social media and our FB group now
boasts thousands of members and is running without need for much
support from the 'core' LoCo members, however we couldn't really
invest in that in making the LoCo itself expand to include new
members, which effectively kept the LoCo in the circle of the few
founding members.

What needs to be done IMO is more outreach and trying to get active
members whether from student communities, social media, and community
events. The problem is that most of us are still way too busy to do
that ourselves, so I guess we must somehow try to encourage interested
people to take initiative under Ubuntu-EG's umbrella.

Best Regards,
Mohammed