[Ubuntu-eg] How to do these stuff in Ubuntu

Processing Qbits processingqbits at gmail.com
Fri May 18 17:06:48 UTC 2012

   1. If u put a serial / usb device it takes a device file name in /dev
    ex:ttyUSB0 i want to automatically* know when i put the new device its
   device file name*  i want to use that to connect a usb modem to serial
   terminal to use AT commands .
   2. i can remove apache and mysql servers from the running levels using
   update-rc.d * hw can i add them back *
   3. *where are the placess to place an application / script to make it
   run on start up* . another place not the startup menu in ubuntu . i mean
   if im using a server and i want it to run a script whnever it reboots or
   sth.

1-You mean you want it to notify you? I didn't get the question
2-update-rc.d - install and remove System-V style init script links (always
use the manuals before asking/searching)
3-Simply, make the file executable and put it in /etc/init.d (there is the
new upstart-job http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/tutorials/7033/1 )