[Ubuntu-eg] Problem with pulseaudio that's really bugging me.

Hassan "Haz" Williamson haz at hazrpg.co.uk
Mon Jan 30 14:13:41 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I've been having this really annoying issue with pulseaudio for a while
now, whereby it will only work properly in "system-mode" i.e. by killing
pulseaudio after startup (due to it being hung) and running "sudo
pulseaudio --system". I can't seem to figure out what's going wrong, it's
clearly a malformed config file somewhere... I was wondering if someone
could help me? So far people recommended that I upgrade from 10.10 to
11.10... however that didn't really help except tell me that for some
reason jackd was installed somehow (which I've since removed, along with
all applications that required it)... I've posted it up on
askubuntu.combelow. Hope you guys can help, because I've tried
fiddling around with
everything that I can think of so far with no joy :(.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/99882/why-is-pulseaudio-only-working-properly-in-system-mode-for-me

--
Regards,
Haz