[Ubuntu-eg] 25 January 2012 platform

Nour nourharidy at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 17:54:10 UTC 2012

As I've mentioned before in our last meeting, Telecomix is
decentralized, it's not an organization, it's a network.
That means there are no spokesmen for Telecomix.

My friends from
Telecomix, Occupy Wallstreet and me are handling a chatroom and a
media monitoring little platform to interact with the upcoming events
of 25 january 2012.
The goal is to provide
a secure IRC room for Egyptian activists and establish communication
channels between them and other activists from foreign countries
(such as OWS and Telecomix activists) which might bring more foreign
attention to the revolution.
There is already a
beta which I've coded myself in basic HTML myself on
www.tahrirforum.com which contains a web irc client (qwebirc),
Tahrir/ONtveg/Youm7 live stream and a #Tahrir twitter live hashtag.
We are willing to
bring more attention to this platform and develop its features.
Stay tuned up on our
IRC channel on irc.telecomix.org port 6667 (9999 for SSL) channel
#jan25 if you want to help us on our mission, or if you want to
discuss topics and information related to the 25 january 2012.

I know some of you
might disagree with the domain, I've been parking this domain from a
period, when we came up with the idea in Telecomix, we've decided to
use this initial domain temporarily until we choose an other to buy,
or take control over a *.telecomix.org subdomain.
Again, the beta
version is on www.tahrirforum.com

You can find me on our
IRC channel under the nick "AgentNour", ping me whenever
I'm online if you seek anything.

Sincerely, Nour.