[Ubuntu-eg] Ubuntu/ Open Source Session !!

Mahmoud Darweash mahmoud.darweash at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 20:29:43 UTC 2011

Greaaat,

i'm happy with

@toulan (General FOSS introduction)
@m_saudi (Ubuntu Overview , exploring the Ubuntu Features via an interesting
tour.)
@M_T (Overview about some Open Source portals like Liferay )
@omar_Mohamed (Ubuntu general tips.)

generally speaking, interested in more general Lectures that deeply
technical ones. i mean i need to give the students knowledge about

   - the Open Source Community
   - Open Source Benifits.
   - What're The Open Source Alternatives.
   - What're the commercial benefit of using an open source
   - Ubuntu is EASY!!
   - JAVA is Not Harder Than C#!

Who Is Ready To Take About the above stated Titles ? i need a 15 minutes
talk in each

i may be ready for the last two ...but sure, choose the ones you like and i
can manage :)

the most important thing is to convince the students. to break the fear of
open source. many people say (Windows and C# are easy ... Linux and Java Are
HARD !!) This is funny begad :) we need to kill that :)

another myth says (if you moved to linux, you will not find most of the
programs you use!) another funny thing

waiting for your responses :)

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 6:29 PM, Omar Mohamed <omarmohsenm at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can give a session about Ubuntu general tips.
>
> 2011/9/8 M T <me_m.t at hotmail.com>
>
>>  I can give :
>> 1-Introduction to Android mobile development
>> 2-Overview about some Open Source portals like Liferay
>> 3-
>>
>> ------------------------------
>> Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 18:45:48 +0300
>> Subject: Re: Ubuntu/ Open Source Session !!
>> From: thelinuxer at ubuntu.com
>> To: ubuntu-eg at lists.ubuntu.com
>>

>> I myself can give any of these
>> 1. Qt
>> 2. General FOSS introduction
>> 3. Python.
>>
>> Of course we can arrange it between me and Mohamed Saudi, and please
>> notify me of dates a little bit early to prepare myself.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ahmed Toulan.

>> --

Mahmoud Darweash