Polishing ~egyptlocoteam

Ahmed Shams ahmedkhattabshams at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 01:14:18 UTC 2011

Salamu 'Alaikom Everybody,
I hope you're enjoying your life.

I noticed two strange(in my opinion) issues in our launchpad profile:

1. Our team's url and name are vice versa, ie, the url is ~egyptlocoteam
while team name is "ubuntu-eg". I noticed that most of world's teams are
doing the opposite. beside that it causes our team's name on loco
directory<http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/#Africa>to appear ambiguous:
[image: Screenshot-3.png]
______

[image: Screenshot-1.png]
I suggest to reverse them.
Don't worry about linking to that url, we can even file a bug before
changing, just to make sure that every thing will go just fine.

2. Karim Fayez as Team Owner(Please don't be offended by this):
I think that Karim Fayez is no longer an Administrator in this team, I
mean(and sorry for saying this), it's 2 years now with Ubuntu-EG and I never
saw him in real, and never interacted with him by any means, and I assume
that most of you the same. Also, Karim Fayez is not attending any of our
events, gatherings, meetings and(I assume) not subscribed to our Mailing
List or any communication means. Thus I assume that he is(as cited by CoC)
"Disengaged" our activity, so how can he(respectfully) administrate it?
Also, In such situation, it can be dangerous because we are giving
him(respectfully) that privilege and we know that he is not knowledgeable
enough(RESPECTFULLY) to handle such responsibility(as a normal result of
absence), in that case we don't know when will he come back, if he will, and
when he's back, How would he handle team's needs?
Also, It is a big and important part of Community Maintenance, to do some
housekeeping form time to another.

I suggest to set Karin Fayez(karimfayez) back to 'Member' status, i.e.
De-Administrize him, note that this mean that he should be be moved from
'Owner:' area too:
[image: Screenshot-4.png]

Because, even if we de-adminstrized him, but with his name in that place he
will gain full administrator power.

 [image: icon_cof.png] Of Course I Nominate Ahmed Toulan for that place, for
the same reasons.

Sorry for the long message.
--
Regards,