[Ubuntu-eg] This time, it's a surprise from MIcro$oft!

Amahdy AbdElAziz amahdy7 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 00:19:43 UTC 2011

I have to admit that I laughed a lot reading the comments now...
First I don't see him here but a big chapeaux for him "Salahuddin El-Kazak"
(Qbits maybe???)

Second, for who don't use Facebook and rather follow mailing lists like me,,
I'd like to share with you some jokes:

Ahmed Shams Says:

> Microsoft's version of Open Source Rights philosophy:
> 1. You're free to run it(After you buy it!)
> 2. You can Access the Code(But you should be a Microsoft employee at least)
> 3. You're free to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor(ONLY if
> your neighbor have bought it too from MS)
> 4. You're totally free to distribute copies of your modified versions to
> others(ONLY on our dead bodies!)

The reply from someone who is not joking and very serious:

> @Ahmed Shams
> 1. You can download for free for educational purposes
> 2. You can access the code easily if u r a student
> 3. You can distribute your product its ur choice but not to exceed the max
> no. of installations
> 4. This is against the EULA but u can modify windows versions and use it
> for ur own

//Sorry ya +Shams, kan lazim afrg el group 3ala 3milak!! :P

Now a windows kernel source code! huh? well Google gives a pretty funny
results also regarding this topic.

Since I'm so allergic to Facebook, unfortunately I won't be able to keep
following this comedy but please keep us updated :)

If you want to change topic a little bit, read this: It’s ‘Game Over’ for
Linux. Apparently.<http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/10/its-game-over-for-linux-apparently/>

-- Amahdy AbdElAziz
http://www.amahdy.net