[Ubuntu-eg] توحيد لغة البرمجة المستخدمة فى سيشنات البرمجة

Mohammed Gamal m.gamal005 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 20:19:50 UTC 2011

2011/10/25 Amr Ali <amr.ali.cc at gmail.com>:
> No flame wars here, we're simply discussing each language learning curve and
> properties and if it should be encouraged to use as a "beginner-friendly"
> language or not.
>
> You made some interesting points, certainly something that has a lot of code
> base around it would make a language a lot easier to learn and what not.
>
> Based on education around here, AFAICK Python is not a language taught in
> colleges around here, so presenting to people ideas/projects/etc. would be
> difficult as it also introduces to them a new language.
>
> If you want to make the switch and let people know that Python is a really cool
> language, then fine, but first introduce to them the concept in a language they
> are more familiar in and perhaps studied in college as well. For mere example,
> you can try out C or C++ (it's advanced but well if they studied it, they should
> probably be good at it, right? :>). I understand that people were taught Java
> which is a tool to be used in very specific cases (like PoCs :P), or rapid
> development kind of cases, and should then be discarded, not very optimum
> language if you want to build something on a large scale.
>
> So what I'm really saying is, sure Python is awesome, but make sure that it is a
> popular language around here, and if it's not then a *transnational* language
> that is _popular_ should be used to show people how it's done.

You definitely do have a valid point. But on the other hand, I do
believe Python code is easy to read and understand by anyone with
basic programming skills in any PL, it fits very much as a
pseudo-code-like language. On the other hand, it's very widely used in
FOSS apps, so there is a double benefit at exposing people to Python.