[Ubuntu-eg] Spam filters

Ahmed Toulan thelinuxer at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 20 13:58:44 UTC 2011

Hey guys,

I guess most of you noticed the spam incident we had last Saturday. To deal
with
it we jad 2 choices. Moderate all emails or apply more filtering to the
mailing list. We
chose the second choice to prevent the mailing list from being a restricted
mailing
list.

The only problem that can happen to the user is the false positive problem.
Meaning
some emails could be detected as spam while they are not. Please if you get
any
problem contact me directly or Ahmed Shams.

To test these filters Ahmed Shams will start sending emails with some
profanity in it.
If the filter fails the emails will get delivered to you. So please IGNORE
any replies to
this thread, and please don't hijack the thread.

Thanks for understanding and sorry for any inconveniences.

Best regards,
Ahmed Toulan.