problem with hp drivers

Tarek Abdul-Kader tarek.elywah at gmail.com
Sat May 14 09:36:40 UTC 2011

hello all

Finally I found the solution for my touch-pad but I need your help to apply
it

I found this thread on ubuntu

I found two solutions

the first one

((((((((((   open terminal as a root and run this line

#  echo options psmouse proto=exps > /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse.modprobe
reboot ))))))))))))))

the first  solution fixed the right click and left click but it broke edge
scrolling  and its important to me than the right click

the second solution in reply # 8 and they said that the touch-pad will work
 well after it

October 13th, 2010
#*8*<http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=9963415&postcount=8>
kmas <http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=1155370>
First Cup of Ubuntu

Beans: 11
[image: Arrow] *Re: HP Touchpad Laptop mouse right click not working*
------------------------------
found a temporary solution. filed a bug. @
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...cs/+bug/654716<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-input-synaptics/+bug/654716>
then
my bug was linked
tohttps://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/582809<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/582809>,
and the solution for this bug, is POST 61
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/582809/comments/61>Under
the bug..

in case link doesnt work in furture, here is the content..
Code:

It's possible to use dkms to build the psmouse module for the
buttonless synaptics touchpad on some newer netbooks.

First make sure dkms package is installed.

Next download this patched source archive for the psmouse module from
kernel 2.6.35-22-generic on maverick. I just posted it to this bug,
it's called: psmouse-2.6.35-22-generic-patched.tar.bz2

In a terminal, unpack the source archive in /usr/src

Next, in a terminal, enter these commands:

sudo dkms add -m psmouse -v 2.6.35-22-generic
sudo dkms build -m psmouse -v 2.6.35-22-generic
sudo dkms install -m psmouse -v 2.6.35-22-generic

This should install the psmouse.ko module in /lib/modules/<kernel
version>/updates/dkms. Reboot to load it.

If the mouse doesn't function properly, use this command to check if
it's installed.

sudo dkms status -m psmouse -v 2.6.35-22-generic

If it's not, then try rebuilding it with

sudo dkms build -m psmouse -v 2.6.35-22-generic
sudo dkms install -m psmouse -v 2.6.35-22-generic

Once a new kernel is issued with a fix, then you can remove it with:

sudo dkms uninstall -m psmouse -v 2.6.35-22-generic
sudo dkms remove -m psmouse -v 2.6.35-22-generic --all

I also believe that dkms will automatically build and install it on
any kernel upgrade, but haven't tested that yet.

After installing any kernel update, you can test with

sudo dkms status -m psmouse -v 2.6.35-22-generic

and if it's not built, use the above commands to build and install it.

Reboot to make it effective.

For more info, see man dkms for the official documents.

*PS use at your own risk.. i don't recommend messing with dkms unless you
absolutely either feel that courageous or know what you're doing...
Attached Files[image: File Type: bz2]
psmouse-2.6.35-22-generic-patched.tar.bz2<http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=172139&d=1286945161>
(67.2
KB, 123 views)
[image: kmas is offline]

I couldn't  apply it because

first

I don't know how can I unpack from the termianl

((( In a terminal, unpack the source archive in /usr/src )))
and another thing

he said

*PS use at your own risk.. i don't recommend messing with dkms unless you
absolutely either feel that courageous or know what you're doing..

and I'm worried because I don't know  what is  dkms

thank you