CairoICT 2011

Seif Lotfy seif at lotfy.com
Sat Mar 19 19:15:12 UTC 2011

Hey guys,
I am coming to Egypt to give a talk and also participate in 2 panels as a
speaker.
I was invited to give the talk by the ICT for my involvement in FLOSS:
Some info about me.
- 26 years old and live in Germany
- I have been using Ubuntu since October 2004 (SuSE before that)
- First Egyptian Ubuntu Foundation Member
- GNOME Foundation Member
- Amongst the OSS i worked on is Zeitgeist which I initiated and managed to
gather around 10 developers who work on it almost full-time
- Participated in several GUADEC and UDS on behalf of the Zeitgeist team
- Participated in GSoC (Google Summer of Code) as a GNOME mentor for
Zeitgeist integration
- Zeitgeist is now shipped with Ubuntu per default as well as being
integrated as part of upstream GNOME and KDE
- I contract for Collabora
I will be talking about how FLOSS governance models and how they can be
adapted into Egyptian companies and organization, that would like to open
source their projects...
It would be awesome to have an Ubuntu-EG as well as other Linux groups
attending the talk and forums. Maybe afterwards we can have a meeting
somehwhere...
Cheers
Seif

2011/3/18 Anas Emad <anas.emad at gmail.com>egypt