Ubuntu Global Jam

Ahmed Shams ahmedkhattabshams at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 20:37:59 UTC 2011

Salamu 'Alaikum;
@Toulan, in fact we were always working towards OSS generally not Ubuntu
specifically.
so, it will help if we played around that before we gather in the ubj.

*For Testing*: it's easy, we can join the Desktop
testing<http://qa.ubuntu.com/testing/>team and finish their tests for
natty.(I nominate the Desktop
Testing Program <http://qa.ubuntu.com/testing/desktop-testing-program/>).
also, if you like to test ISOs, take alook at the "TestDrive" app. and know
more about it here<http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/03/02/%23ubuntu-classroom.html#t16:01>
.

*For Translation*: join the Arabic Translation
team<https://launchpad.net/%7Earabic>and give a hand
here <https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+lang/ar>.

*For Bug Triage*: http://qa.ubuntu.com/bugs/ you can ask for mentorship if
you need @ https://launchpad.net/~bugsquad-mentorship
I do some bug triaging for Touchpad
Bugs<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-input-synaptics/+bugs?field.status:list=NEW>,
but we can't work on this in ugj because it needs some reading, and after
that, there are only 13 bugs for Touchpads, the whole ugj can't work on
these only. So we will need to start learn some thing like

*For Packaging*: (it is the hardest part) we have only one MOTU member in
Egypt :'( https://launchpad.net/~aelmahmoudy let's see if he can help us
know more about this, but for now we can review the packaging
guide<http://ubuntuone.com/p/9ic/>,
and we can ask some one to give us a group mentorship, (i don't know if this
can be).
I don't know who has Packaging experience in ubuntu-eg, if anyone has please
show up.

*If you are concerned, please Familiarize yourself before the ugj.*
I want to say more, but It's really difficult to do on the mail list. that's
why i asked to add this to the next meeting. sorry.(I mean i want to take
everybody's hand, one-by-one, to start working for Ubuntu)

--
Regards,
Ahmed