Open Source Diploma (Ubuntu Based!)

Mahmoud Darweash mahmoud.darweash at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 13:44:06 UTC 2011

Dear Ubuntuers !

i've a good chance to present the OSS experience to egypt through my
channel. which is (Legend Corp. <http://legend-eg.com>). Legend has
different lines of business. One Of Them is The Training Services which is
our subject in this mail.

I'm the Manager Of The Information Technology Sector now. i'm asked for
preparing summer training outline for some universities. i've prepared
different tracks. but i wish, that we can add value for students by offering
also an Open Source Track which i think may contain

   - Linux Fundamentals
   - Ubuntu Introduction
   - Open source application over view
      - Gimp
      - Inkscape
      - Open office
      -
      - c++ For Linux
   - QT
   - Python
   - Java

this is not the outline i wish.this is *not* only things i'm waiting for
this is just for clarification. if We (LoCo) can prepare the diploma
outline. i need it to be (144 Hours) of training,

all are welcome to provide courses, knowing that each one is responsible for
preparing materials (to be printed) for students

*This Process is Supported financially*

   - We Will provide labs free of charge for the instructors
   - We Will pay for instructors by hour rate
   - We Will pay for the Material Printings and handouts

Legend Is seeking to drive the summer training process for many universities
to give real knowledge instead of the fake information/training that
students get nowadays. i wish we can help our upcoming engineers/developers
to be better.

I wish i receive from each one who is interested for that , the courses he
might give. how many hours does this course require. & isa, i'll prepare a
meeting at our premises (Nasr City) to discuss and arrange for integrated
Open Source Diploma and settle the hour rates :)

This is an example of what i expect to recieve :)

   - introduction to programming ( 6  Hours)
   - Object Oriented paradigm    (18 Hours)
   - J2se                                   (15 Hours)

Let's Spread The Open Source Culture! Let's Teach People. Let's Put Egypt
Above The Crowd!!

Best Regards
--
Mahmoud Darweash