[non-Ubuntu topic] Phishing report

Angie T. Muhammad angie.tawfik at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 17:50:54 UTC 2011

الشجرة المثمرة هي التي تقذف بالحجارة ولينكس مثمر ما فيه الكفاية لجذب حجارة
الجميع
:)

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 5:26 AM, Amahdy AbdElAziz <amahdy7 at gmail.com> wrote:

There is something unfair in this survey,
When I say that 76% of attacked servers are Linux OS, this is unfair
because, I should count how much percent (of all Linux OS) are attacked.

I'll give you an example:
Let say that there are 9 Linux-Based servers and 1 Windows-Based server in
one room, and 3 of the Linux got attacked and the Windows got attacked as
well, we have 2 interesting results:
- 75% of attacked servers were Linux ???? totally unfair!
- 30% of Linux servers were attacked and 100% of Windows servers were
attacked. Make more sense.

The same for software (Apache, MySQL, ...etc)

Server-wise, Linux and Open-Source software are dominating so obviously when
they take a survey asking you something like:
Were you attacked before, and you respond by "Yes"; then there is a great
possibility that you respond by "Linux" when he asks about your OS in the
next question! Is that way how they legalize their surveys?!

-- Amahdy AbdElAziz
http://www.linkedin.com/in/amahdyabdelaziz

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 00:39, Angie T. Muhammad <angie.tawfik at gmail.com>wrote:

I totally understand, just wanted to share it with you. Plus, I wrote
"it claims" ;)

angie.tawfik at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Hello group,
>>
>> Check out the attached phishing report. It has interesting findings.
>> It is issued by APWG (Anti Phishing Work Group) and it claims that
>> LAMP stack is the most targeted by phishing criminals.
>>
>> The database question really made me pause and reflect: what is the
>> future of MySQL?
>> Anyhow, hopefully you like this share :)
>>
>> --
>> All the best,
>> Angie T. Muhammad
>> http://angie-tawfik.blogspot.com