[OFF-TOPIC] World IPv6 Day

Ahmed Shams ahmedkhattabshams at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 14:54:58 UTC 2011

Hello Ubunteros, I'm very happy to forward this good news to you all;
World IPv6 Day

On 8 June, 2011,
Google<http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/world-ipv6-day-firing-up-engines-on-new.html>,
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/notes/facebook-engineering/world-ipv6-day-solving-the-ip-address-chicken-and-egg-challenge/484445583919>,
Yahoo! <http://www.yahoo.com/>, Akamai <http://www.akamai.com/ipv6>
and Limelight
Networks<http://blog.llnw.com/2011/01/ready-to-celebrate-world-ipv6-day-we-are/>will
be amongst some of the major
organisations <http://www.worldipv6day.org/participants/index.html> that
will offer their content over IPv6 for a 24-hour “test flight”. The goal of
the Test Flight Day is to motivate organizations across the industry –
Internet service providers, hardware makers, operating system vendors and
web companies – to prepare their services for IPv6 to ensure a successful
transition as IPv4 addresses run out.

Please join us for this test drive and help accelerate the momentum of IPv6
deployment.
How To Take Part

Interested in joining the other organisations that are taking part in this
initiative? Select your type of organisation below and you’ll find
everything you need to participate in World IPv6 Day:

   - Website Owners <http://www.worldipv6day.org/how-to-join/index.html>
   - Network Operators <http://www.worldipv6day.org/how-to-join/index.html>

Please contact us <roberts at isoc.org> to indicate your interest in
participating in World IPv6 Day and to have your company added to the list
of participating organisations.
Test your IPv6 Connectivity

Want to find out your IPv6 readiness? Use this test <http://test-ipv6.com/>.
btw: I failed that test, don't know why, I assume i's the ISP's
problem(Usual Frustrating Vodafone) :(

--
Regards,
Ahmed