problem : Android SDK on Ubuntu

Tarek Abdul-Kader tarek.elywah at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 18:13:32 UTC 2011

never mind

may be I couldn't explain my problem

again

1-   I have the eclipse installed

2-  I have the package that I got from http://developer.android.com/sdk/ 28
MB

3- when I open [ eclipse > window > preferences > Android ]
 to specify the SDK location , I got this message
" SDK Platform Tools component is missing !
  Please use the SDK Manager to install it."

I think the SDK manager is the package that I got from android website

4-I went to that package and execute tools/android , I got like a manager to
update and install many options

in this manager I tried to update and install the platform tools  and I got
this message

"Failed to fetch URL
https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/repository.xml, reason:
Connection timed out"

so
while searching I found this link
http://qdevarena.blogspot.com/2010/05/download-android-sdk-standalone-for.html
for offline downloads
and I understood from the link that I can specify the downloaded folder to
the eclipse as an SDK  but for sorry
I got the same message in eclipse
" SDK Platform Tools component is missing !
  Please use the SDK Manager to install it."

I hope I explained my problem in a clear points

finally > I want to develop android code and run this code inside the
eclipse

What can I do ?

thank you