problem : Android SDK on Ubuntu

Tarek Abdul-Kader tarek.elywah at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 20:31:55 UTC 2011

Hello All ,
hope you fine

I've just started Android Course and I have a problem with the Android SDK
on Ubuntu

to develop Android apps in the the normal case ;

1- you should have the eclipse IDE  installed on your machine ,
2- update the eclipse to get the Android SDK  Manager or
3-Download the Android SDK  (for windows or Linux) from
http://developer.android.com/sdk/
4-from the Android SDK  Manager >  download Platform-tools and the Android
platform
5- set the SDK location in the eclipse

* in my case I have a problem in  the step 4
and every time  got this message

Failed to fetch URL
https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/repository.xml, reason:
Connection timed out

while searching I found this link
http://qdevarena.blogspot.com/2010/05/download-android-sdk-standalone-for.html
for offline downloads

but I still have a problem that the eclipse doesn't see the SDK

My question is " how to install Platform-tools and the Android platform  on
Ubuntu ? "

please share your experience

Thank you