Ubuntu Global Jam

Amahdy AbdElAziz amahdy7 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 00:48:23 UTC 2011

That's the question, this function takes "username" as parameter, so why the
username is *mt_007* not *mtantawy*? That's why I thought his username was
incorrect.
If in the lp page, the url was well constructed then why in the
loco-directory, it's not? my explanation is that, there are TWO OpenID's and
the system conflict between them, but I can't figure out exactly where.

+Shams: I understand what you mean by "permanent" but as far as I understand
here, this is dynamically created for each time you request the page, it's
not stored in a static page or database, so when I change my username and
open this page, the link will get updated. This function only get the
permanent url associated with the given username. And actually this explains
why the page "https://launchpad.net/~mt_007" gives a not found, because this
function enforce the usage of this url: "https://launchpad.net/~"
concatenated with the given username, and in our case here *mt_007* which is
not stored on lp. (I believe stored as the OpenID handle for hotmail)

-- Amahdy AbdElAziz
http://www.amahdy.net