Ubuntu Laptop compatibility (IN EGYPT)

Mahmoud Fawzy m.fawzy.linux at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 07:32:57 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm buying a new laptop soon isA, but I'm really concerned about Ubuntu
compatibility, specially for what is available in the Egyptian market. So in
brief, I want you to tell me, (maybe based on personal experiences :D) what
is available here, and how good does it do it with Ubuntu! I don't really
want to buy then get into drivers' and hardware fights with my laptop :D...

p.s: I know about http://www.ubuntu.com/certification , and I also know that
such info should be available online :D .. but I don't want to keep doing
reverse lookups for each model listed there (because simply many of them
wont be available in Egypt :D) ...

--
Regards,
Mahmoud Fawzy