[Ubuntu-eg] Ubuntu-eg council

Ahmed Toulan thelinuxer at ubuntu.com
Sun Dec 11 16:42:02 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

There has been some talk between team members for some time about creating
a council.
The council will become more of an organization instead of talking to
individuals. It will help
maintain the team active and help newcomers find their way around the team.

You can read more about the "proposed" idea:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EgyptTeam/KnowledgeBase/Drafts/Council

That lead us to the next idea of having a very first council. The first
council will start to form
the documentation and processes. It will only be a transitional council for
4-10 month (they
will have to call for elections on the start of next release cycle or the
one after it).

First council page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EgyptTeam/KnowledgeBase/Drafts/FirstCouncil

Choosing who should be in the next council is a little bit tricky and could
cause some hard
feelings, but rest assured that I am only proposing some names for the
first council. There
are a big number of team members who deserve to be in the council but we
can't have them
all in. Also, I did put in mind the persons' availability as they will have
a huge responsibility.

The proposed names written in alphabetical order :)

   - Ahmed Shams
   - Anas Emad
   - Islam Alwazery
   - Jonathan Hindy
   - Mohamed Gamal

I think these guys know each other well enough to be able to work together
in the upcoming
period. Plus they all share our team's spirit.

Shams I know you will kill me cause I didn't create a poll on launchpad,
but I couldn't write
all this in a poll :)

Please let us hear about your opinions.

Regards,