Good News, New Event

Seif Lotfy seif at lotfy.com
Fri Apr 22 21:06:51 UTC 2011

OK, I misunderstood.
Yeah, no need to talk about the alternatives just mention them.
So topics that need to be covered IMHO for informational talks are (not
necessarily in that order):
1) What is Ubuntu
2) Ubuntu components
3) Alternative shells and desktop environments (GNOME, Unity, KDE and XFCE)
4) What is open source and how does it work, benefits etc...
5) How to contribute to Ubuntu
6) How to to contribute upstream (GNOME, KDE etc...)
7) What are the license and governance models for Open Source.

Feel free to assign me to any or multiple of those topics if you want to...
I could give some more technical introcution about Unity and the
technologies behind it since I work a lot with the team behind Unity.