Install Feast in Shorouck Academy

Ahmed Khattab Shams ahmedkhattabshams at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 20:07:45 UTC 2010

That's Great news Islam, I'll attend isA, you may add an event to our loCo page:
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/egyptlocoteam/add/

but first we need to discuss it's time to get as much attendants as we can,
I suggest 2/December/2010 ???
also, what about some Ads in Shorouk Academy itself?? i think that
most attendants will be form the Academy itself...

On 15/11/2010, Jonathan N. Hindi <jonathan.hindi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Stephan,
>
> Also we are still interested to meet you another time.
> --
> Thanks & Regards,
> *Jonathan N. Hindi
> *
>

> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Stephan Hermann <
> stephan.hermann at denkmalquer.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> Am 10.11.2010 16:23, schrieb Islam Wazery:
>> > I have some good news, i proposed to the Chief of the Division of
>> > Computer Science in Shrouck academy to make a release party there and he
>> > agreed to make it in any Thursday after the midterms which will end in
>> > 25 Nov (Thursday because it's the holiday of the department and the
>> > whole building will be empty so we can choose any place in it to make
>> > our event). So what's about 2 Dec.
>>
>> sounds good - I wish you a lot of fun! :-)
>>
>> Unfortunately, Christian and I will leave Egypt at 27 Nov. :-(, so we
>> have probably no chance to join you for a second time.
>>
>> But nevertheless Open Source at Sekem is growing and the IT people are
>> still very interested! The last days we spend much time in "cleaning up
>> and arranging the network", because it was a little bit... confusing! ;-)
>> And we built up a mail spamfilter (Postfix + DSpam) which will help the
>> Exchange Server (which also has got a poor performance) work a bit more
>> properly.
>>
>> Finally we installed a fileserver for testing, so maybe Sekem can
>> migrate their Windows-Fileservers to Linux one day...inshallah (I like
>> that! ;-))
>>
>> One funny note:
>> One of the leading IT guys tried to install a dual boot on his
>> Desktop-PC in the office. After he was finished Windows didn't boot
>> (probably some problem with GRUB..), but Ubuntu did. I said "I will try
>> to fix the problem", and he answered "That's not necessary - I don't
>> need Windows anymore!" :-D
>>

>> So maybe we will meet each other once again during the next two weeks -
>> and if not: In Germany we say something like: "In life you always meet
>> twice!" :-)
>>

>> so best greets to all of you
>> Stephan
>>
>> --