Chromium problem with arabic

Amahdy mrjava.javaman at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 00:34:40 UTC 2010

> Chromium is the development version of Google Chrome. In other words,
> Chrome is the stable version, while Chromium is the cutting edge
> version.

It's not quite like that, you can have stable/beta/or unstable (latest) from
Chrome, and the same for Chromium ...

The source code of Chromium is available under those previously mentioned
branches, and some packing team from Ubuntu just compiled it and put it into
the repository.
While the Chrome is packed and compiled inside Google itself after putting
some tracking code to -under ur permission- report usage statistics and
misbehaviors.

So there should not be any difference between them, for Arabic, but here is
what I can tell you, try installing the Arabic-version of Chrome/Chromium,
or try to just install some additional Arabic fonts:
http://linux.about.com/od/ubuntu_doc/a/ubudg10t12.htm

-- Amahdy AbdElAziz
http://www.linkedin.com/in/amahdyabdelaziz