Course material

Klazzik klazzik at gmx.com
Mon Jul 20 16:46:40 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm currently working on the course materials, the first part of it
which is going to be an introductory session to operating systems in
general, difference between various operating systems, proprietary and
open source software, a little bit of history, and why Linux.

This document is going to be an open document, which means everyone will
have the freedom to copy and redistribute it, with or without
modification. It's going to be released under GNU FDL (GNU Free
Documentation License).

I believe we will need a solid material that will help introducing
GNU/Linux to anyone, no matter what their level of knowledge is. That is
the reason for starting from this point. I also believe that knowing a
little bit of history about different operating systems grows great
confidence about the whole thing.

Right now, the document is only a few pages, I didn't have much time to
spend on it but hopefully, I'll be finishing at least the first draft by
wednesday.

This document will be one part of "Let's Linux" series (Yea that's what
I came up with!) which is going to be text documents plus educational
videos available for anyone willing to explore this whole Linux mystery
(I couldn't find a better word).

This is a lot of work, any help will be greatly appreciated, ideas too.

Tell me what you think.