Linux /Ubuntu Tips and Tricks

Ahmad Sayed ahmad.ahmadsayed at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 08:11:52 UTC 2009

Dear All,

I need to start this thread for Linux tips and tricks, to share the
knowledge between us, and to spice up our group.

The rules and recommendation:
* No thing is trivial send any idea you, do not say it trivial and all
people should know it, why should i bother myself sending it.
* Try to be short note and easy to read
* It is recommended  - but not a must -  to be ubuntu specific.
* Your tip could be just software recommendation that make people life
easier

And I will start the first trick:
Build the simplest sound recorder
In Linux all you need is a cat commend !!!

Just try the following
cat /dev/dsp > test
Start singing
cat test > /dev/dsp
and Listen to your amazing voice played back  :).

Best regards,
Ahmed Sayed